Amanda Abbington shares update from hospital with ‘brave’ partner after Strictly row

Amanda Abbington has taken to Instagram to reveal her fiancé Jonathan Goodwin is currently undergoing more spinal surgery in an update from his hospital bed. The couple posed for a selfie, with former stuntman Jonathan wearing his hospital gown.

Amanda, who is said to be embroiled in a feud with her former Strictly Come Dancing partner Giovanni Pernice, smiled proudly as she captioned the photo: “The bravest dude I know. More spinal surgery.

“We’re used to Hospital rooms,” the former Sherlock actress concluded, alongside fingers crossed emojis and a red love heart. Jonathan has required several operations after he suffered life-altering injuries that left him paralysed.

Back in 2021, Jonathan’s stunt on the since-cancelled reality series America’s Got Talent: Extreme went tragically wrong. Amanda’s partner lost a kidney and severed his spinal chord in the incident.

Jonathan also became a familiar face for Strictly fans last year, as he watched Amanda perform with Giovanni from the BBC show’s studio audience. However, Amanda’s Strictly journey was cut short when she pulled out of the competition after just five weeks.

After missing a week of the live shows due to a “medical” issue, the actress went on to permanently leave the competition, citing “personal reasons”.

Since her departure, rumours have swirled that Amanda and Giovanni didn’t end their dance partnership on good terms, after she failed to mention the Italian professional in the Instagram statement addressing her Strictly exit.

In January this year, reports emerged stating that Amanda had been diagnosed with mild PTSD after her Strictly experience for “several reasons”.

Meanwhile, other sources have claimed Giovanni’s teaching methods had brought his previous celebrity partners to tears, while his 2019 partner Michelle Visage told This Morning viewers he’s “the toughest pro there is” – but in a good way.

Following the drama, Giovanni is reportedly set to have a meeting with BBC bosses to discuss his future on Strictly.

A source told The Sun earlier this week: “Giovanni has a meeting with Strictly on Thursday about his return later this year. They have not received any official complaints and are backing him.

“He is an accomplished pro dancer and it’s expected he will be taking his place in the formal line-up when it’s announced later this month.”

Express.co.uk has contacted a representative for Giovanni for comment. A spokesperson for Strictly has not confirmed or denied a meeting is taking place, but did say: “The professional dancers for 2024 will be announced in due course.”

Via

Leave a Comment

mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt mdt