Giovanni Pernice gets awkward response as he asks fans if they want him back on BBC show

Giovanni Pernice has been at the centre of speculation about his future on Strictly Come Dancing, after his celebrity partner Amanda Abbington quit the show early last year and reportedly requested footage of their rehearsals, as she was diagnosed with mild Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

The Italian dancer has insisted that despite the furore, he has every intention to return to the Strictly dance floor for 2024. However, Giovanni’s latest career update sparked debate for a different reason, as he asked fans whether or not they would like to see him and Strictly judge Anton Du Beke work on another travel series for the BBC.

It comes after the duo, who both rose to fame as Strictly professionals, received rave reviews for their show, Anton and Giovanni’s Adventures in Spain. Addressing the success of the programme, Giovanni took to Instagram to ask: “Question time … very simple answer YES OR NOT !

“Would you like to see me and my bestie going somewhere else ?” He also urged fans to get involved in the decision on his Instagram story, writing: “Go and vote !!!! Click on the post.”

It wasn’t long before Giovanni’s social media followers flocked to the comments section of his post to share their thoughts, and they all gave a very similar verdict – that the show should go on, but only if one major feature is removed.

One person commented: “YES!!! Loved it apart from the Jane McDonald-type musical numbers.”

Another awkwardly agreed: “Yes but please stop singing. It’s totally cringe worthy.”

“Yes please but without the song and dance routine, sorry,” a third fan echoed. Before a fourth similarly chimed: “Yes but without the singing element.”

“Yes ……. Maybe without the singing you guys don’t need to add that,” a fifth Instagram user pointed out.

In one episode of the pair’s latest series in Spain, viewers saw Anton and Giovanni attempting to create a sing-a-long dance number in a courtyard, but fans didn’t seem to be very keen on the moment.

Meanwhile, Strictly bosses are said to have met with Giovanni to discuss the next series of the dance competition and his inclusion in the show.

A source told The Sun: “Following a positive meeting with bosses last week and in light of the fact that no official complaints have gone in about him, despite noise over his training style, Gio is being welcomed back with open arms.”

A BBC spokesman told Express.co.uk: “The professional dancers for 2024 will be announced in due course.”

Giovanni also defended his training methods with his celebrity partners, telling the Mirror’s Invite Only podcast: “There’s no specific way that you are, or have to be with your celebrity. You make the most of their strengths so the only thing that’s constant is the fact that you have to do a show on Saturday night.”

Anton and Giovanni’s Adventures in Spain is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.

Via

Leave a Comment

ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT ArT