I’m A Celebrity’s Ant McPartlin hits back over ‘fix’ accusations regarding Nella Rose

Ant McPartlin has hit back at I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! fans who have accused the show of being “a fix”. It came as Nella Rose was elected camp leader despite numerous public backlashes against her interactions with fellow campmates.

The public has been voting for the YouTube star to take part in most of the Bushtucker Trials following a series of clashes with her co-stars. During the first week, Nella shouted at First Dates star Fred Sirieix because he said he was old enough to be her father during a discussion about poor eyesight.

She fumed with the chef and called him “inconsiderate” and “offensive” because she’d previously told him her father had died, and despite Fred’s apologies Nella refused to speak to him for days. Since then, the public has been complaining about Nella’s treatment of the other celebrities.

When she was selected to be camp leader, several accused ITV of favouring the contestant, but in an unlikely move, Ant spoke out about the claims. He remarked: “I saw a few people on social media say that it was obvious [that ITV ‘fixed’ Nella’s win].

“No, it wasn’t. It was a complete blind vote which they’ve done down there, it was completely up to the campmates. Not up to anybody here in production.

“They obviously enjoy her in camp and think that she needs to be the camp leader and we like it because it’s great for the show.”Co-host Dec Donnelly then chimed: “It’s great content.”

The comments came as a surprise because the duo usually refuse to comment or acknowledge such speculation from viewers.

Saturday’s episode saw Nella once again voted by the public to take part in the next trial, which she didn’t seem pleased about.

“This will be my eighth trial,” she stated after Ant and Dec revealed the news at the end of the latest instalment. Danielle Harold quickly came over to comfort a frustrated Nella.

“I’m just bored of it now,” Nella added. Ant and Dec then revealed the public are now voting to keep their favourites in camp.

“The person with the fewest votes will be leaving tomorrow,” Dec explained, continuing: “That vote is now open.”

Saturday’s trial was undertaken by Tony Bellew, who managed to get nine stars for the camp.

Who will be the first star to be sent packing following weeks in the Australian Jungle?

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! continues on Sunday at 9pm on ITV.

SOURCE

Leave a Comment