Kerry Katona has ordered her daughter Dylan-Jorge to “stay in bed” as she is struck down by illness. The former Atomic Kitten star also revealed that the nine-year-old is suffering from a high temperature.
On Saturday (2 December), Kerry, 43, took to social media to reveal that Dylan-Jorge – who often goes by the nickname DJ – is “poorly”. She posted the update to her 825,000 Instagram followers.
The ex-I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! contestant took to her Instagram stories and shared a video of herself and her daughter lying in bed. Over the top of the video, she wrote: “My poor baby girl got a temp of 38!!!
“Hate when your little ones are poorly. Just made her some Shreddies.”
In a further update, the mum-of-five told her fans that she was off to pantomime rehearsals before discussing her daughter’s health. “Been up since 3 o’clock with this one,” she began before panning the camera to DJ.
“Her temperature got to 38.7 and now it’s 36,” Kerry revealed. “So she’s had Calpol but she’s been told she’s got to stay in bed all day.
“All day! Stay in bed,” she reiterated to DJ, whom she shared with George Kay before he died in 2019. The former rugby league player was determined to have died due to cocaine toxicity.
Kerry has recently detailed that she has “health anxiety” when it comes to her daughter and that her worries have increased recently. In her column for OK! Magazine, the star admitted that DJ had been suffering “a few fainting spells”.
She went on to add that her doctor had “found something” in her scan, and sent his findings to a surgeon to analyse further. Fortunately, it seems her GP believes she is “alright” and that the issue could be quite a common one.
“He said lots of us could have what she has but we’ve just not had MRIs,” she explained. DJ’s fainting spells follow a “terrifying” ordeal that took place during a family vacation to Turkey earlier this year.
It’s said that while on holiday, the nine-year-old’s eyes began to roll back in her head before she eventually collapsed and vomited. Kerry sought medical attention and was told that her child was suffering from low blood pressure which was brought on due to the heat.