Before going to start talking about mautic installation on Hosting servers, we should know something about mautic, like what is mautic, why mautic, what we can do with it & cost etc.
Mautic is an open source email automation tool which business, digital marketers used to send bulk emails to customers or subscribers.
Mautic has many features like we can send bulk emails (Marketing, promotions) etc, it will help to grow sales.
It is fully automated, like you can schedule email or can customize triaged emails which once event occur email will send to the user.
Detail Review and Reporting feature makes mautic more powerful
You can track your sent emails, like which contact received emails, opens and clicked etc.
Is mautic costly?
Mautic is open source software by entrepreneur Ben Hunt you can use it free of cost, you can download it from here.
What I do after download mautic?
You have many option to install mautic.
Mautic installation on Web Hosting Servers like cPanel, VPS, Dedicated servers, or any cloud servers.
Mautic with cold outreach (different platform different charges)
Can I install mautic with my shared hosting (cPanel)
Yes of-course, you can install it on cPanel hosting but wait, first you have to ask your hosting provider is they support mautic installation.
Because mautic needs some special extensions to be enable by php & some hosting provider only offers 30-50 email to send in a hour, so better to ask first to start.
Mautic Installation (Step by step)
You can install mautic by softaclause script installer easily under cPanel
but If you have non cpanel hosting like VPS, dedicated servers or cloud then needs some more technical knowledge to configure it properly.
Mautic installation with VPS, dedicated servers or cloud is the best option because most hosting provider give bulk email sending (unlimited email sending) with these servers. I recommend this option
Here we will learn Mautic Installation on cPanel
- Login to cPanel, you can login by typing cPanel at the end of your blog or website url like http://example.com/cpanel or http://example.com: 2082 or followed your hosting providers direction to login into cpanel.
- You can find SOFTACULOUS APP INSTALLER at the bottom of cPanel or just use search option under cpanel to quick find.
- In Softaculous app installer also there will be a search box in left pane top.
- In softaculous app installer search box type Mautic
- It will open Mautic Overview page, there you can find Install button.
- Simply click on Install button, It will redirect you to configuration page
- Select Protocol (If you installed SSL then you should select HTTPS) here.
- Select domain from domain list which you want to install Mautic
- In the directory box give the name of an existing directory or just type any name it will create directory automatically, use this if you want to install mautic into an directory, I recommend you to install mautic into a separate directory on primary domain like https://example.com/mautic or something.
- Next set the user name of Administrator (use admin)
- Next choose the strong password for administrator account, It will indicate you how password should be strong. use all keys to set password.
- Give the Administrator user name, Fist name and Last name
- Give the email id for Administrator account (use any working email id).
- Click on the Plus + icon to expand the configuration options
- you can set a DATABASE name here or can use default value
- Next in the table prefix box you can set any value.
- Here You can disable or enable the notification for updates ( I recommend you to use this option)
- Back up location, you can set a backup location under cpanel
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous app installer makes periodic backups of your application.
- In Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application’s configuration.
For more information about Mautic, please visit https://www.mautic.org.