Strictly’s Giovanni Pernice breaks silence after former dance partners held ‘gathering’

After his former dance partners reportedly held a gathering, Giovanni Pernice has broken his silence with posts on social media. The 33-year-old took to his Instagram on Monday to promote his new show with Anton Du Beke, called Anton & Giovanni’s Adventures in Spain.

The BBC press office tagged the dancer in a post which saw the dancing duo play a game of ‘Who’s most likely to?’. The caption read: “Sounds like Giovanni’s getting a new tattoo… Best friends Anton Du Beke and Giovanni Pernice are waltzing back onto our screens with more travel adventures tonight on iPlayer and BBC One!”

The Sicilian-native also took to his Instagram stories to share a trailer of the show as he excitedly wrote: “Today is the day,” alongside several red heart eyes emojis.

Giovanni’s posts come after a trio of his former dance partners reportedly met to discuss working with him. According to The Sun, Laura Whitmore, Ranvir Singh and Amanda Abbington met up to “share notes” earlier this week.

A source told the publication: “All three had difficult experiences with Giovanni, who is well known to be intense during training. They met in person to share their experiences.

“Their meeting was emotional but heart-warming. They now know they are there to support each other after their tough times with Giovanni. Tears were shed.”

Reports of Giovanni’s former dance partners meeting up comes just months after Amanda quit Strictly Come Dancing in October.

At the time of her departure, she cited “personal reasons” and it later emerged that she had been diagnosed with mild Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Despite the Sherlock star allegedly requesting footage of her and Giovanni’s dance rehearsals, the BBC said in January it would not be investigating the latter’s behaviour.

A spokesperson for the broadcaster said: “There is a constant dialogue between the senior production team and contestants to ensure any concerns are addressed swiftly.”

Express.co.uk has reached out to Amanda Abbington, Laura Whitmore, Ranvir Singh, Giovanni Pernice for further information while the BBC has declined to comment.

Giovanni has been a firm fixture on the BBC ballroom competition since joining in 2015.

He placed second on three occasions – with Georgia May Foote, Debbie McGee and Faye Tozer – and won the show with Rose Ayling-Ellis in 2021.

Via

Leave a Comment